Looking for stand mixer recipes that are not only healthy but also easy to make? Read our top 4 recipes that can be whipped up in a jiffy and taste delicious.
Although whisking a salad dressing by hand does not seem to be a difficult job, if you want a dressing that is completely incorporated and free of oil and acid separation, you’ll find that you need a quicker and more consistent blending speed than your arm alone can provide.
When making salad dressing, it’s best to use a stand mixer.
If you don’t have a blender, you can let the mixer do the work, it becomes easier to make salad dressing. Whisking rapidly when slowly pouring in oil can be difficult to do by hand without the bowl slipping away.So here are some stand mixer salad recipes that you can try out.
1. Chicken Salad
Fresh herbs enhance the flavor of this chicken salad. Serve with crackers on the side and a bowl of fresh fruit or a piece of bread as a sandwich filling. The preparation time is 10 minutes, and the cooking time is 35 minutes.
4 boneless chicken breasts
4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the chicken in a baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until baked.
- If using the stand mixer technique, remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before shredding. If you don’t have a stand mixer, try your hands on the Acekool Mixer. It’s budget-friendly and comes with all the basic functionalities you require.
- Break each chicken breast into 3-4 pieces to shred with your mixer. Place the paddle attachment into the mixing container. Mix on low for about a minute, then gradually increase speed until chicken is evenly shredded, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer stand.
- Add celery, scallions, and herbs to the dish. Detach the mixing bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste in a small cup. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir gently until the chicken is coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Greek Cucumber Salad
With stand mixer attachments, you can make this refreshing, light, and innovative spin on the classic Greek Salad in no time. Continue reading to learn how to make this delectable cucumber salad!
1 large seedless English cucumber, ends trimmed, cut into 10cm sections
1/3 cup pitted black olives
1 punnet grape tomatoes halved, or 2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled or cut into pieces
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing…
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons fresh minced dill or 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
- Connect your stand mixer to the spiralizer attachment. Attach cucumber to the spiralizer by centering it on a fruit and vegetable skewer. Attach a small core slicing blade to the end of the cucumber and position it there.
- Place a medium bowl under the blade to capture the cucumber slices. Process on speed 4 until the blade hits the end of the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber slices into desired lengths.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, onion, and cucumber slices.
- In a small cup, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients, except olive oil. Once all is mixed, slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Toss the cucumber salad with the dressing and finish with feta cheese. Serve on 4–6 salad plates, equally divided.
3. Egg Salad
All of the chopping, mashing, and mixing that you used to do is no longer necessary. Simply combine the eggs, mustard, and mayonnaise in your stand mixer and let it do the rest. It’s easier to get started if you cut the eggs in half. When using the usual white paddle mixer attachment, there are times when you wonder if the mixer would simply send the slick eggs flying out of the bowl. But keep it in the mixing bowl with your hands or the splash guard, and the beater can pleasingly chop the whites while combining the yolks, mayo, and mustard into a light, fluffy dressing in a matter of moments. Any other ingredients, such as chopped celery, may be added.
4. Carrot, Beet & Grapefruit Salad
This colorful salad will bring that vivacity to your homemade summer brunch with friends.
3 beets, peeled and cut into 2-inch sections
1 grapefruit, peeled and pith removed
¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
4 small carrots, peeled
For the Lime Cumin Dressing
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon ginger, grated
1 shallot, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
Pinch dried red chili flakes
Salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, chili flakes, ginger, cumin, and shallot in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until it is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. It’s possible to prepare this dish three days ahead of time.
- Connect your stand mixer to the shredder attachment and insert the slicing blade. To gather ingredients, place a large bowl under the attachment.
- Place beet parts in the feed tube in a stack. Process until the beets are sliced on Speed 5 of the stand mixer. Continue with the remaining beets.
- Place the Coarse Shredding Blade in place of the Slicing Blade. To catch shredded carrots, place a separate bowl under the feed hose. Fill the feed tube halfway with carrots and process on Speed 6 until the carrots are shredded.
- On a serving platter, arrange the beets and carrots. Dress with the Lime Cumin Dressing and serve. Grapefruit pieces and sliced almonds go on top.
- Serve with more dressing on the side.
So do try out these stand mixer recipes and we hope you will have fun preparing fresh and tasty salads.